Management Professional Computer Skills Resume
304 Woodruff Way, Harrisburg, PA 17112 ● (717) 571-9963 ● [email protected]
Staffing ~ Training & Development ~ Employee Relations ~ Customer Service
Records Management ~ Conflict Resolution ~ Quality Control ~ Regulatory Compliance
- Demonstrated strengths in administrative management, customer service, public relations, project coordination, process improvements, team-building and vendor relations.
- Able to combine well-developed managerial expertise with interpersonal skills to exhibit proficiency in hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, performance management and compensation.
- Contribute dynamic communication skills toward effectively liaising between executives and internal/external stakeholders in support of optimizing customer service.
- Practical problem solver with an excellent blend of business and technical insight.
- Extensive background in scanning and microfilming of confidential information.
- Able to operate all types of document scanning & imaging equipment.
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Harrisburg, PA, 1984 to 2015
Motor Vehicle Program Manager, BDL Occupational and Probationary License Unit (2013 to 2015)
- Steadily advanced through a series of promotions to most recently spearheading daily unit operations including monthly reporting, directing staff, evaluating employee performance, and facilitating record retention.
- Strategically assigned and balanced unit resources to provide optimum service coverage.
- Determined and obtained resources and training needed to support and maximize unit effectiveness.
- Prepared and coordinated timely record shipments to state record center.
- Interpreted motor vehicle laws for occupational and probationary license hearings in court.
- Functioned as primary contact for Bureau to customer call center in handling problem or high-priority calls.
Clerical Supervisor II, BMV Messenger Services Unit (2011 to 2012)
- Applied strong human resources management skills toward directing team of six, recognizing outstanding performance, delegating assignments, maintaining attendance data, coaching clerks, hiring new staff and administering performance appraisals.
- Motivated, empowered and led unit in delivering top-notch service to messengers to streamline title, registration and driver license applications.
- Diligently monitored and ensured high security levels for Bureau of Motor vehicles (BMV) and Bureau of Driver licensing (BDL) products.
- Held bi-weekly meetings with staff to identify and swiftly resolve existing or potential concerns.
- Evaluated work containing discrepancies, steered corrective action and provided constructive feedback.
- Performed and coordinated fee accounting and deposit of title/registration and driver license revenues.
- Fostered and maintained unified relationships with Department of Revenue, Legal Bureau, Public Utility Commission and Interstate Commerce Commission.
Continued … ►
Gary Seip — Page 2 of 2
Clerical Supervisor II, BMV Research & Support Unit (2008 to 2011)
- Leveraged excellent leadership talents toward directing team of eight including time and attendance records, labor relations, resolving conflicts, responding to leave requests and implementing disciplinary actions.
- Formulated training materials, instructed personnel in all aspects of unit work and conducted employee evaluations.
- Responded in writing to inquiries from customers and/or other areas within PennDOT.
- Prepared letters for signature of the Department Secretary, Department Sectary for Safety Administration and Bureau Director, including letters originating in the Governor’s Office.
- Initiated and requested State Police investigations as a result of suspected vehicle code or crimes code violations.
- Provided testimony for cases in court that involved Pennsylvania title and registration discrepancies.
Clerical Supervisor II, BDL Restorations (2006 to 2008)
- Proficiently oversaw work unit of 14 employees and served as Unit Manager during absences.
- Supervised and ensured expeditious processing of forms statements, and other documentation from customers whose driving privileges were revoked.
- Maintained accurate records of revoked licenses returned to Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- Managed and responded to incoming calls from general public and internal customers.
Acting Micrographics Manager, BMV Micrographics (2003 to 2005)
- Efficiently planned, coordinated and directed daily operations within Bureau’s micrographic unit including maintenance of high-dollar equipment.
- Reviewed invoices for accuracy and promptly contacted vendors in cases of discrepancies.
- Exercised sharp analytical skills to assess and meet departmental needs concerning microfilm cameras, readers, printers, scanners, fiche equipment, and storage for all records.
- Recommended and facilitated purchase and sale of micrographic equipment as needed.
- Proactively researched and recommended new products, systems and vendors that would enhance department productivity, cost containment and quality levels.
- Responded to labor relation concerns and provided prudent guidance to supervisors on relevant issues.
Microfilm Supervisor, BDL Micrographics (2001 to 2005)
- Supervised 15 microfilm employees and cross-trained retrieval personnel to optimize overall efficiency and minimize labor expenses.
- Completed employee performance evaluations, approved leave requests, and maintained attendance data.
Prior roles included Acting Microfilm Supervisor, Clerk II, Work Leader and Clerk I.
Professional Development & Licensure
FCC License 09-92
Advanced Employee/Labor Relations; Pennsylvania DOT Leadership Academy for Managers; SRM Requisitioning & Receiving TR; Security Awareness; Purchasing; Management; Facilitation Training
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)