Operations Manager / Supervisor Resume
ELK GROVE, CA 95624 (916) 531-5375 STRAKEN[email protected]GMAIL.COM
OPERATIONS MANAGER / SUPERVISOR
• Self-assured and efficiency-driven management professional with more than 18 years providing high-performance,
operations management and team supervision in distribution and supply chain industries, and several years in the U.S.
Military providing IT support, air traffic control, and aircraft maintenance.
• Proven ability to plan, coordinate and steer operations to achieve deliverables independently or in collaborative roles
• Detail-oriented, analytical and methodical with innovative thinking to resolve operations, professional relationship,
and project engagement issues even under stress, independently or as part of a team.
• Highly organized with multitasking and prioritization skills that get things done within allocated time and resources.
• Effective people management and interpersonal communication skills that drive diverse multi-disciplinary teams to
achieve shared commitments.
• Planning & Execution
• Operations Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Service Administration
• Total Quality Management
• Shipping & Receiving
• Process/Workflow Improvement
• Relationship Management (Clients,
Stakeholders & Suppliers)
• Order Fulfillment Management
• Concurrent Project Management
• Production Planning & Control
• Policies & Regulatory Compliance
(i.e. OSHA, etc.)
U.S. Military Service
• Military Aircraft Maintenance
Support (B-52 Bomber)
• Air Traffic Control
• IT and Communication Systems
Operation & Maintenance
• Aerospace Ground Systems Support
DOLLAR TREE REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Operations Manager Jan 2007 – Mar 2016
• Provided tactical directions in managing efficient operations for an entire shift that included inventory management,
shipping & receiving, quality control, order selection/ fulfillment, and decon departments.
• Oversaw HR support involving the personnel recruitment, job placement, training, and termination.
• Ensured compliance with safety and regulatory standards, QC and production audits, and staff performance metrics to
ensure productive, quality- and efficiency-driven operations.
STAPLES FULFILLMENT CENTER STOCKTON, CA
Operations Supervisor 2004 – 2007
• Supervised a team of supply chain operations professionals managing merchandise inventory and warehousing,
distribution, shipping and receiving, and order processing/fulfillment operations.
• Oversaw productive engagements complying with quality and productivity standards, as well as regulatory standards
on health and safety in the workplace.
• Administered HR support for recruitment, onboarding of new hires, and continuous training for tenured employees.
TARGET DISTRIBUTION CENTER WOODLAND, CA
Operational Group Leader 1988 – 2004
• Led a team of professionals in managing shipping & receiving, inventory control, and merchandise movements from
warehouse to markets over distribution channels, ensuring prompt action to remain competitive in target markets.
• Ensured compliance with safety regulations, QA standards, and performance metrics.
• Assisted HR in staff recruitment, performance appraisal, and continuous training.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
General Studies, MERCED COLLEGE Merced, CA
(Did not finish while serving the military due to combat deployment in the Middle East)