Professional Synopsis Resume
Robert Williams, MBA
Fairfield, CA 94533 ￨ (707) 207-5600 ￨ [email protected]
Qualifications for Account Manager ￨ Operations Manager
Dynamic and Tenacious Leader Committed to Maximizing Bottom-Line Results & Delivering Customer Service Excellence
Multimillion-Dollar Sales ￨ Account Management ￨ New Business Development
Customer Service ￨ Brand Building ￨ Social Media ￨ Merchandising ￨ Public Relations
Team Building ￨ Training / Development ￨ Strategic Analysis / Planning ￨ Trends Tracking
Consulting ￨ Joint Ventures ￨ Business Restructuring ￨ Business Turnaround ￨ Change Management
Operations Management ￨ Project Management ￨ Financial Management ￨ Cost Accounting ￨ Compliance
Highly Accomplished Sales, Account & New Business Development Leader who drives companywide growth, builds solid teams, creates targeted initiatives, provides world-class customer service, and cultivates a strong company image with superior quality. Top Performer who offers solutions-centric critical thinking for insightful, change-oriented results to align with a company’s vision, value, and goals. Ambitious Self-Starter who excels at analyzing customer needs, identifying lucrative opportunities, defining strategies for capturing new business and developing an existing client base, and attaining leverage in competitive markets. Excellent Communicator who develops profitable alliances among decision-makers and key customers, and who leads sales and business teams by example and with ethics and integrity.
PCC Logistics, Oakland, CA
(2015 – Present)
Sales Account Executive
Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking sales and new business development initiatives, including developing client relationships to grow sales via leads generation, solicitation, prospecting, networking, and promotions, as well as quoting opportunities for import / export, out-of-gauge / OD, drayage, trucking, warehouse, and special projects. Coordinate and disseminate detailed reports for sales activities, forecasts, and quantifiable objective measurements. Collaborate with Sales Manager and the Customer Service Department to consistently generate business to meet department and / or individual objectives and build strong customer relationships.
- Successfully meet and / or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Profitably solicit and secure high-volume new business activities.
- Continually establish and manage strategic relationships among top vendors and partners.
- Expertly negotiate with customers to boost sales in coordination with sales teams and business units.
Choice Logistics, Santa Clara, CA
(2013 – 2014)
Major Account Manager
Strategically steered new business development initiatives, including developing strong relationships, gaining account stability, and achieving continued growth among a large-scale client base. Delivered solutions-centric strategies that effectively helped a client’s organization to improve comprehensive global supply chain management activities.
- Recognized as the leader of a global team in targeted account management.
- Successfully drove profitable revenue and strengthened the company’s market standing.
FedEx Services, Daytona Beach, FL
(2002 – 2013)
Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward profitably driving sales throughout a 100-square-mile territory to continually meet and / or exceed sales quotas. Expertly identified, developed, and grew an existing local market customer base, including maintaining regular contact with accounts, conducting face-to-face sales, and performing cold calls.
Robert Williams, MBA
(707) 207-5600 ￨ Page Two ￨ [email protected]
Professional Synopsis (continued)
FedEx Services, Daytona Beach, FL
- Continually developed and presented value-added business solutions.
- Consistently upheld a 90% sales account retention rate in 2010’s declining economy.
- Successfully captured a $10-million account with high-profile DaVita Labs in Deland, FL.
- Personally developed mutually beneficial customer relationships by offering profitable value drivers.
- Honored as “Account Sales Representative of the Half” and “Sales Representative of Western Division.”
Roadway Express, Sacramento, CA
(1996 – 2002)
Sales Representative ￨ Operations Supervisor
Maximized bottom-line performance by generating new business and increased gross net revenue via targeted account management and new customer prospecting initiatives. Recruited, trained, mentored, and managed a team of 50+ union employees in continually building and sustaining new and / or repeat business to boost results. Ensured accurate shipments from inbound vehicles while consistently maintaining accurate documentation.
- Profitably introduced new products while managing on-schedule movement of shipments.
- Analyzed freight and delivered key custom-designed presentations to potential new customers.
K-Mart Corporation, San Diego, CA
(1992 – 1996)
District Operations Manager
Spearheaded results-generating district-wide operations with accountability for 14 stores throughout Riverside, San Diego, and Ventura Counties generating up to $22 million in annual sales. Drove business growth by recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing a customer service-oriented team of 110 sales associates while handling all facets of retail displays, merchandising, cost-effective purchasing, vendor relations, and shipping / receiving, as well as loss prevention.
- Recognized for job performance excellence with 4 rapid promotions in leadership.
- Continually met and / or exceeded local buying patterns via judicious inventory controls.
- Successfully increased profits 20% “above industry standards” via emphasis on customer service.
University of California, Riverside
Master of Business Administration
California State University, San Bernardino
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (Finance Minor)
United States Air Force ￨ Desert Storm Veteran
1st Lieutenant ￨ Database Management Officer ￨ Staff Sergeant ￨ Resource Management Specialist
Noted for 3 Consecutive Years as “Outstanding Unit” ￨ Officer Training School ￨ Operations Management Systems
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request